"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power." -Alan Cohen

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I've clicked my heels three times... and no I am not in Madrid anymore.


Northface jackets. Nalgene water bottles. Mountains looming over campus. Snow. English speakers everywhere. Blonde, tall people. Bicyclist cutting off cars. No, I am not in Madrid anymore. It wasn't until I returned to the Boulder campus that it hit me. My professors all teach in English, there are NO 20 minute espresso breaks during class, and I can't walk home from the local coffee shop (I did on one of the first days I was back... and it took me an hour). It is a bitter sweet realization. The ending of a beautiful yet challenging time of my life. The beginning of... who knows. Graduation slowly creeping in and the dreaded 'real world' questions are already being asked about plans afterwards. It is unnervingly exciting. I hope to bring with me all the experiences and people from my time in Madrid into whatever is next for me in life. That colorful, life-filled Spanish spirit. Well, this is it as far as my blog goes. Thank you to everyone who has traveled with me via internet. If anyone would like to hear mores stories and see more pictures I would love to sit down and share a meal or a coffee with you!

Besos,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. I loved traveling Europe with you and hearing about your Spanish adventures via your WONDERFUL blog! What a talented writer you are hermana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, why don't you continue to post? Why is this strictly Madrid blog? I want to read stories; hook a sista up! ;)

    ReplyDelete