"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power." -Alan Cohen

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Norway: Northern Lights and Brown Cheese

One of the things I was first introduced to on my trip to Norway was brown cheese. You may be wondering if this is comment worthy on a blog... let me tell you, this surprise of an abnormal color of cheese was a sweet treat in the cold days of Norway. Add a little raspberry jam on top of a slice of bread to the cheese... delicious. I went to Norway because a dear friend of mine, Rachelle Johnson, was living in the Nordic lands. I packed my single sweater and coat and hoped for a warm front. It was a treat to spend time with a good friend in the middle of my semester. For 5 days we took in the beautiful scenery of the fjords, cooked tasty meals, saw the northern lights and raced of dog sleds down the icy streets. Enjoy the pictures... besos















No comments:

Post a Comment